Adelaide Walks,Talks n Drives with Neil
A bit of everything special to Adelaide
A day with Neil will starts with a 9am pick up from your chosen Adelaide CBD location, or meet at Victoria Square where we discuss the first peoples in this area, significant buildings close by and why religion was so important to the first settlers and how Adelaide got its name. This will involve a little walking.
Then we take to the road in a luxury car to drive past some of the important places in Adelaide City which are considered a must for visitors to Adelaide, and, with a local’s view point, the best activities. Then we:
1. Visit some of the most expensive mansions in around Adelaide and it’s sounding area of Prospect, Medindie and Walkerville and hear the interesting stories behind them. go to the original RM Williams’ house & factory – now a South Australian icon clothing outlet and museum. The photo above is taken inside RM Williams’ with local historians (Lyn, David & Neil2) who may join us on the tour and provide us with a deeper understanding of what we see since they are part of the local history group.
2. Travel to Air Raid Shelter in Prospect which was built in 1942 as a communications sub-centre to coordinate the local response in the event of a Japanese air raid. Generally this place is closed but will be opened for our tour.
3. Go to North Road Cemetery in Nailsworth which was established in 1852, and is the final resting place of many famous Australians, including pioneer aviators Harry Butler (who flew the Red Devil) & the Smith brothers.
4. head to a popular hotel/pub in the Adelaide Hills for lunch, or have lunch at an icon cafe near the city. The groups choice.
5. Hold a koala about 3pm and see and feed other Australian animals.
6. Experience some beer, wine or chocolate tasting. (Choose one)
7. Finally we return to Adelaide about 5pm and are happy to accommodate venues of your personal preference during the tour.
During the tour, local historians may join us to provide a deeper understanding of what we are seeing. The tour lasts 6 to 7 hours, and wildlife park entry is in the cost. Cost:
2 people $400
3 people $450
4 people $500
5 people $600
6 people $650